iLIGHT® Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System
The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System is a new breakthrough product that uses Intense Pulsed Light ("IPL") to remove unwanted hair at-home.
The device utilizes the same clinically-proven technology that professional dermatologists and salons use, but optimized for personal treatment of smaller areas in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
Unlike most at-home hair removal methods, the Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System doesn’t cut or pull out hair; it actually uses light energy to work below the skin’s surface to disable active hairs at the root. You should gradually notice fewer hairs in the treatment area within a few weeks, with results generally improving over time.
The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System is intended for use on:
• Female Facial Hair (cheeks, sideburns, chin, neck areas, and above the lips); with the Facial Cap.
• Male and Female Body Hair (underarms, bikini line, and on legs, arms, stomach and chest) with the Body Cap.
NOTE: The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body device isn’t for everyone. Please review the Contradictions, Warnings and Precautions to determine if the device is OK for you to use.
The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System is an over-the-counter device indicated for the removal of unwanted body and/ or facial hair in adults with Fitzpatrick skin types I – IV. The device is also intended for permanent reduction in unwanted hair. Permanent hair reduction is defined as the long-term stable reduction in the number of hairs regrowing when measured at 6, 9, and 12 months after the completion of a treatment regimen.
Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System is intended for use only on light to medium skin tones. To determine if your skin tone is suitable to use with the device, compare your skin in the intended treatment areas with the Skin Tone Chart.
If it matches the Light to Medium skin tones below, you can use Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body device. If your skin tone in the intended treatment area matches the dark skin tones below, DO NOT use the device.
The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body device also has a built-in SKIN TONE SENSOR that is designed to help prevent flashing on skin that is too dark for treatment. Test each different area you wish to treat with the Skin Tone Chart and SKIN TONE TESTER before treating. Some areas are darker than others.
If you have tanned skin in the intended treatment area, DO NOT use the Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body device in those areas as your skin may be too dark for treatment. You should wait until your tan has completely faded from any intended treatment area before using the device.
The light energy targets dark coloring in hair, and therefore works best on DARKER HAIR (black, dark brown, brown or dark blond). DO NOT use iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body on gray or white hairs or 'peach fuzz,' as it will not work. The device is less effective on LIGHT HAIR such as blond or red.
Male & Female Body Sites
The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System is intended for use on Male and Female Body hair on underarms, bikini line, legs, arms, chest and stomach. If you have unwanted DARKER HAIR in any of these areas, the illustration below lists the typical number of flashes needed to cover a 1.5” x 3” treatment area. Treat in a GRID-LIKE PATTERN – slight overlaps are OK, but DO NOT flash the same EXACT spot multiple times during one treatment session. Record treatments with the iLIGHT App, available at the iTunes store or on Google Play, or with the TREATMENT CARDS. See TOC.
Note: DO NOT physically mark the treatment area with grid pattern as this could cause injury to the skin.
Female Facial Sites
The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System is intended for use on female facial hair on the cheeks, sideburns, chin, neck areas, and above the lips (see illustration). If you have unwanted DARKER HAIR in any of these areas, the illustration below lists the typical number of flashes to treat the entire site (NOTE: for spot treatments of unwanted hair, fewer flashes may be needed.) Record treatments with the iLIGHT App, available at the iTunes store or on Google Play, or with the TREATMENT CARDS. DO NOT use the Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body device on EYES, EYELASHES or EYEBROWS. Doing so can cause serious and permanent eye injury.
For many people, using the Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System is their first experience with a light-based device. Here are some things to expect during treatment:
• A Flash of Light: The flash of light that you see is only part of the light produced by the device. The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Contact Sensors help ensure that most of the light is directed into the skin. The remaining visible light should not be harmful to the eyes, and special eye protection is not needed as long as you follow the directions for using the device in this manual. The Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body device should NOT be used on the eyes, eyelashes or eyebrows.
• A Sensation of Warmth and Tingling: It is normal to feel a warm and tingling sensation with each flash. Many people describe this sensation to be like a rubber band lightly snapped
against the skin. However, sensations vary by person and treatment area. If the sensation is too intense or painful, stop using the device and contact Customer Service before using again. See page 48. Immediately After the First Treatment
• Visible changes to the hair are unlikely at this point. During and just after your Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body session, it is not uncommon to see some very mild redness, mostly around the hairs themselves. This is normal and typically clears up within a few hours. If the redness does not go away within 3 days, contact Customer Service. See page 48.
• If you have redness, blistering or other skin irritation in the treatment area, DO NOT perform treatment. Wait until the skin returns to normal before using the device again.